Monday, November 3, 2008

Mad at Mommy

I am so mad at mommy!! She doesn't trust me, she doesn't think I do a good job at keeping myself clean. Mphh!! I am a cat, grooming myself and making sure I am impeccabaly clean is my nature. Mommy doubted my ability and I felt so betrayed. Just yesterday, as I was busy playing, I spilled mommy's cup of orange juice. Not that I did it on purpose anyway. And I didn't even like OJ! Smelled like dog pee to me. As I was trying to escape that nose pinching smell, I made a dash and *accidently* kicked her glass. I was scared too! She wasn't fuming mad because I spilled her juice but because I got the dog pee all over my fur.

So, I spent the next hour licking and grooming myself frantically. If it were you, you'd do the same too would'nt you? You wouldn't want dog pee on your fur too would you? I tried hard to get rid of the smell but still, it follows me everywhere.

And then, out of the corner of my eye, I saw mommy preparing something. She was so sweet to me, extra sugar and spice. She called me and told me she has yummy treats for me. I hesitated at first but my appetite was aroused and I headed over. HUGE MISTAKE!! After savoring the treat, I felt a mist all over me. Psst! Psst! Psst! And to my horror, I was all wet! She proceeded to massage me and this white foam starting appearing out of nowhere, all over my body, my leg and oh... even my tail! NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! I screamed and tried to claw my way out, but mommy was too smart for me. She had protective gear! She wore thick gloves, those that are no match for my claws. Miaowwwwww! I screetched, hoping to scare her away. But she was adamant to finish her job! Rub, rub, rub and I was covered in foam. My pride got hurt terribly bad, I felt like a fish out of water. I can't breath, I can't escape, I am trapped!

Surprisingly enough, the foam did get rid of the dog pee (okay, orange juice) smell and leave me smelling pleasant again. She proceeded to dry me off with a very soft towel, combed and brushed me. She even let me have some extra treats. But .. but ... I am still hurt! I vowed not to talk to mommy again.

She came over to say sorry to me this morning but I just walked away. I knew she felt terrible, my ignoring her this way. I am not going to back down. NO! I am so mad at you mommy, you should go sit in a corner and think what you've done wrong.

11 comments:

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy November 3, 2008 at 3:32 PM  

I don't blame you one bit for being angry about that bath! When I first came here, Meowm put me in a big tub and put water in it, then gave me a bath. I was NOT pleased! If I had claws she would have had BIG scratches!!

Angel MoMo and Charlotte November 3, 2008 at 4:09 PM  

A bath!!!!!!! OMC! I will just have to make sure I don't spill any OJ or any juice on me.

I am sure you will forgive mommy, but make sure you get more treats FIRST.

Anonymous November 3, 2008 at 5:13 PM  

Oh AH, that is pretty terrible, or sounds it?
I only get wet-ed when I is naughty.. so allz I can do is imagine! hehe

V-

Milton November 3, 2008 at 5:56 PM  

Ya know, it wasn't all that long ago that I had a little tummy problem, then a little litter box error .... well, I got dumped in the sink and washed with water!!
That is the worst! Just coz I had a little poop on mine tail.

Sheesh.

Unknown November 4, 2008 at 5:40 AM  

When I was just a little kitten I had to take a SHOWER! Boy, that was the worst! Scarred me for life!!

TheSlyCat November 5, 2008 at 6:55 AM  

I'd be angry too! But Kon and I kinda like the bathtub, except for the getting wet part. We do not like getting a bath, but it's kinda fun to sit on the side of the tub while someone else is taking a bath, because you can do some helping with making a whirlpool by scooping water with your paw. That's what I like to do anyway.

Nomi November 5, 2008 at 7:43 AM  

I'm sure your mummy won't try that one again. Isn't it amazing how much foul weather gear beans have to don just to give a little cat a barf.

Maggie May November 5, 2008 at 1:51 PM  

Thanks! Onlynaturalpet.com is one of our favorite sites.....we will check it out right now!
~Cal and The Creek Cats~

Anonymous November 5, 2008 at 3:27 PM  

Humans are crazy to be always bathing cats. We are the cleanest of all creatures and we do not need baths unless we can't clean ourselves. Poor Lucy Belle!

Nina Torbie November 5, 2008 at 5:07 PM  

Oh my, what a terrible experience! Victor says he's had 3 baths with real water ::shudder::. He once spilled chocolate milk all over himself and Mom says she bathed him because even though milk is yummy, chocolate is Not for Kitty. She even cleaned up Victor before cleaning the carpet; she said it's that important! He says the only good part was when she wrapped him in a warm towel and asked the boy to hold him close.

With all this talk about baths, I may have nightmares! ~ Nina

The Crew November 7, 2008 at 9:30 AM  

That was a terrible trick to play on you. You were already bathing & grooming yourself! I'd give her the cold shoulder, if I were you.

Your friend
Misty

Lucy Belle ©2008-2010

All rights reserved.

What greater gift than the love of a cat? ~Charles Dickens

Action Speaks Louder Than Meows 2008 © Blog Design 'Felicidade' por EMPORIUM DIGITAL 2008

Back to TOP