Wednesday, November 5, 2008

It's Getting Wet and Windy

It has been raining and when it rains, it really does pour. The days are getting shorter too and by the time I woke up from my nap, it's already getting dark. I wanted to watch birds but none are to be seen. I wonder if they too, have a nice napping place to go to when they wanted to catch some zzzz. And I wonder if they also have a nice mommy like mine (oh, did I not say I love mommy again..) She was afraid that I might catch a cold so while I was sleeping, she quietly place a soft and warm blankie on me. It felt really good, not because of the blankie, but because mommy planted a warm kiss on my head and whispered that she loves me. I pretended to be asleep but I know mommy loves me lots!

Mommy said that since the weather is changing, she won't be opening the windows for me anymore. Like today, the windows are close shut. Although I still manage to peek outside, nothing feels better than the breeze blowing on my face and tickling my whiskers. But I wouldn't want to get wet too so although I can no longer feel the breeze, I am happy to just sit and keep watch. I won't be seeing much of my birdie friends anymore and I will miss them. Hopefully, soon, they will come fly by my window again.

On another note, I wonder how Sweet-T is doing? Remember the red collar that mommy bought so daddy could put it on him. Hmm..he didn't like it one bit and daddy gave up. He still comes by daddy's work place. He use to come by once or twice a day but now, he seems to be coming more often. Daddy said that Sweet-T is always hungry and daddy's been feeding him lots. Mommy said that we have to get more nom nom for him since we are running low on supplies. Sweet-T is an outside cat so on a day like today, we are very worried about him. Do you think he will be ok outside all by himself? I wonder where is his mommy and daddy..and also if he has a safe place to go to? I feel sorry for him but I know that daddy will take very good care of him. Sweet-T, I am sending you lots of purrs, hoping that you will be safe and warm. We all love you a lot and I really hope that one day, you can come here and live with us.

21 comments:

Cat with a Garden November 5, 2008 at 2:45 PM  

Oh, I know what your talking about. The weather here in Germany is getting worse and worse. Good thing I have that Norwegian Forest Cat coat to keep me warm! I actually don't mind getting wet, anyway...
Purrs, Siena

Unknown November 5, 2008 at 3:26 PM  

Ahhh...what a sweet Mummy you have covering you up like that.

My favourite thing to do with my Mummy is to crawl under the quilt when she is watching tv in the evening, it is cold here in Canada and she always stretches out in her recliner and covers us with a quilt - ahhh......it's the best.

Anonymous November 5, 2008 at 3:31 PM  

Could your Daddy make a den for Sweet-T to shelter in somewhere? A big plastic bin with a hole cut in for an entrance, some old carpet and some bedding inside to keep him warm, all raised off the ground would make a nice cosy place for the fella to keep out of the horrid weather.

Mickey's Musings November 5, 2008 at 4:01 PM  

Hi Lucy Belle,I'm Mickey.
It certainly is getting colder these days!! Mom has our windows shut too,although today was a bit warmer :)
Your Mom does a great job of looking after you.Moms are the best!!
Purrs Mickey

Parker November 5, 2008 at 4:11 PM  

It's getting to be "cozy time" here too!

Forty Paws November 5, 2008 at 4:20 PM  

Hi! Thanks for coming by our blog! It's nice to meet you!

Luf, Us

The Island Cats November 5, 2008 at 4:35 PM  

We don't like it when the windows are all closed up either....

Nina Torbie November 5, 2008 at 5:00 PM  

Hi Lucy Belle! Thanks for stopping by my blog! You can come play with me in my tunnel any time. We're almost the same age; I turned 1 on Aug 1 or maybe later; that's my estimated birthday. Mommies are very nice, aren't they? Mine is nice to sleep on and plays with me and gives me treats! Do you have squirrels? I love watching squirrels out our windows!
Purrs and licks,
Nina

Whimpurr November 5, 2008 at 5:04 PM  

Hello, Lucy Belle! Thank you for stopping by our blog. You are one pretty kitty girl and it's very nice to make another catblogging friend! *purrs*

Sabrina, Sam and Simon November 5, 2008 at 5:32 PM  

Awwww Lucy Belle, you have such a wonderful Mommy to cover you up like that to keep you warm! You are such a lucky girl and we can tell you and your Mommy love each other very much! We are all so lucky to have wonderful Mommies, aren't we!
Purrs and headbutts,
Sabrina, Sam and Simon

Anonymous November 5, 2008 at 7:03 PM  

This is the bestest bit when they give you the I love you kissies, then I know my job is being well done! hehe

That is so very nice of your Dadda to feed sweet-T, I hope very much he is ok too!
Maybe your dadda can catch him and bring him home as a friend for you, I am sure it would be very nice for him :)

V-V

MaoMao November 6, 2008 at 5:32 PM  

Awwww, what a sweet picture of you under the blankie! It's wonderful to meet you. We've had unusually warm weather these last couple of days, but we're getting a cold front tomorrow, so things will start cooling down fast.

Kittyhugs and purrs from MaoMao!

The Crew November 7, 2008 at 9:31 AM  

Hmmmm, well maybe a soft pink blanket makes up for the wrongdoing before.

PB 'n J November 7, 2008 at 10:52 AM  

That looks like such a cozy little spot! It's nice to curly up and snuggle on rainy days.

Team Tabby November 14, 2008 at 8:54 PM  

Thanks for visiting us, Lucy Belle, and nice to meet you. We love your pink blanket, it does look very cozy. We are glad to hear your beans are looking out for Sweet-T.

Mindy, Moe, Bono

Team Tabby November 15, 2008 at 5:59 PM  

Come to our blog and collect an award we've given you.

Mindy, Moe, Bono

Anonymous November 18, 2008 at 2:05 AM  

hi

very cute pic

visit my dog website

Dogs - Dog links information - dog breeds

Everycat December 19, 2008 at 5:32 AM  

Just dropped by to wish you, your family and Sweet T a Very Happy Christmas!

Hope you are all ok!

Whicky Wuudler & Family

Cat with a Garden January 3, 2009 at 6:07 AM  

Hi Lucy! We hope you are doing fine and wanted to wish you a Happy New Year!
Purrs, Siena & Chilli

Jans Funny Farm February 23, 2009 at 11:18 AM  

We stopped by to check on you. We hope you are okay.

Cat with a Garden March 23, 2009 at 3:25 AM  

Hi there! Any one at home? We keep eyeing if there are new posts, but nothing. Hoping you are alright...
Purrs!

Lucy Belle ©2008-2010

All rights reserved.

What greater gift than the love of a cat? ~Charles Dickens

Action Speaks Louder Than Meows 2008 © Blog Design 'Felicidade' por EMPORIUM DIGITAL 2008

Back to TOP