Friday, January 25, 2008

First Round of Shots

November 30th, 2007

I visited the Vet again, as scheduled for my tests and immunizations. Mommy remembered the nurse telling her to bring along a stool sample so the good doc can check me for parasites - (btw, i hate tht word!)

Since my appointment was in the evening, mommy was eagerly waiting for me to poop the whole day. She did however, have a backup poop from last night but she figured a fresh stool would be much better. It's so funny how mommy ran along me when I head to my litter box. It's weird having her staring at my (_|_) and waiting for something to come out. I tricked mommy twice actually. Just for fun. I didn't want to worry mommy so I went ahead and poop, exactly an hour before the appointment. Hah .. now, mommy has the freshest stool sample ever!

When we reached the vets office, I saw two funny looking creature there. One is called a miniature schnauzer, and the other a Pomeranian. The schnauzer is having some dental work done and I have no idea what's up with the Pomeranian .. who looks fidgety all the time. Since I am confined in my carrier, I couldn't get a good look at them.

When it's my turn, I just went into the examination room with mommy calmly. The vet said that I am such a big girl now, yeah! he remembers me. :) He told mommy about having some bloodwork done to check for Feline Aids/Leukemia. I didn't see what hit me until I sense some strong hands on my legs. Ouch! Doc thanked me for my blood but I was really freaked out! Phew .. that was totally unexpected.

We waited for a while before the test results came in. And then the nice nurse lady to us that all is negative, even the stool sample. Yeah! That's really some good news. Even though my stool is negative for parasites, doc went ahead anyway with the Strongid Wormer. He stuck something onto the roof of my mouth and gulp gulp gulp I went. I can't tell you how it tastes like but it ruined my perfectly coiffed fur!

Then came this really strange procedure. The vet assistant held me down, and the doc pinched my back and then suddenly, off I flew across the table! Doc told mom that that was the Feline 3 in 1 booster shot and I would need to get another in 3 weeks time. I didn't feel a thing since I was flying! Maybe that's the trick. Ingenious....

Overall, I am healthy and on the right track. Mommy mentioned to doc that I shake my head and scratch my ear quite a bit and worried that I might have ear mites. But the doc assured her that I am flea/earmite free. All I have is ear wax! So, he cleaned it for me. Now, I don't feel the need to shake my head and scratch my ear anymore. Thanks doc!

I don't fear going to the vet at all. Mommy was so happy that I was very well behaved and just screamed a little, well, quite loudly she'd say, during the needle and blood procedure. Other than that, I didn't bite anyone, didn't try to jump or act restlessly.

When I came home, I just felt so sleepy and sleep through the night. Mommy did wake me up once to feed me. I don't feel anything different and ate the same amount of food I normally do. It's just that, I felt that it was a long day and I need to catch up on my sleep.

Today, I am back to my usual self. But I think, I'd need to nap again. So, cya!


Lucy Belle ©2008-2010

All rights reserved.

What greater gift than the love of a cat? ~Charles Dickens

Action Speaks Louder Than Meows 2008 © Blog Design 'Felicidade' por EMPORIUM DIGITAL 2008

Back to TOP