Friday, January 25, 2008

Nyeh! I don't like it, I don't want it, so I won't eat it!

January 25th, 2007

Ok, mommy says I've been a real pain lately. I am not eating my wet food and she has to throw away many cans of half open can food. Don't look at me mommy, my nose tells me that it's not tasty so I won't eat it.

Recently, she switched from free feeding me dry food to a scheduled feeding. I use to get dry food all day all night. Now, it's only once a day and she will leave it out for only half an hour. So now, I have to eat a lot of wet food which I really like in the beginning. I am not sure if not having dry food all day long makes me turn up my nose to the wet ones, but all I know is that sometimes, I won't eat what's being offered.

It could be the taste, the smell, the texture, I dunno! Sometimes, the food taste good to me, and now, most of the time, they don't! Mommy didn't like what I am doing so she set out the food for me with no other food choices. I still won't eat it if I don't like it. I went on without eating for half a day, freaked her out, so she changed my food to another brand, and all of a sudden, I am hungry again and will eat. But that doesn't mean that I like this food, because if given to me at another time, I WILL NOT EAT IT!

Mommy finds my taste and preference changes daily and it's too difficult to keep up. Another thing which really bugs her is my not eating leftover food from the fridge. You see, mommy split the 3oz can into two feedings. If she is lucky, I will eat the first half. Then she'll store the other half in the fridge and offer it to me again at my next feeding. I won't eat the leftover. She let it warm up to room temperature of course but that doesn't really make any difference. She tried to trick me once, pretending to take the food out from my food cabinet instead of the fridge. HMPH! My nose can tell instantly if the food is fresh or otherwise. So off it goes to the dumpster. Nyeh, nyeh, nyeh. So much for tricking me.

Just today, she realized that I am not only fussy, but pretty demanding too. She was cleaning my food dish, with uneaten food of course. Then, she scoop up some food which got splattered onto the mat. I went over to sniff her fingers and TA-DA, began licking it. She was taken aback, firstly because I am actually eating and secondly, she realized that I wanted to be HAND FED! Woohoo!!

She didn't want me to get hungry, so she just went along and hand fed me. My, that does feel wonderful! So, now, mommy is feeling guilty for spoiling me so much and overindulging me. What can I say. I love the attention and being treated just like how a princess should be. *WINK*

1 comments:

Kitten Whisperer January 27, 2008 at 12:34 PM  

Lucy Belle, give your poor mama a break. She has been a faithful servant to you since you were 5 days old. Come on now, eat like a big girl! :-)

Lucy Belle ©2008-2010

All rights reserved.

What greater gift than the love of a cat? ~Charles Dickens

Action Speaks Louder Than Meows 2008 © Blog Design 'Felicidade' por EMPORIUM DIGITAL 2008

Back to TOP